Saturday, October 20, 2012

AUTUMN

Autumn or Fall
This is the subject for a whole unit in our ESL classes
(English as a Second Language).

We really enjoy this time of year,
especially since we spent so many years in the tropics
and didn't get to see the leaves change
like they do in the States.

HOWEVER,
since we are blessed with many, many trees in our yard,
we are also blessed with jillions of leaves in our yard and on the deck!
It makes for a big job.

BUT life is all about change, isn't it?
Nothing stays the same.
About the time I get used to some style or circumstance,
everything changes.
Which means the need to adjust.

Thank God, He never changes. He is the one constant in our lives.
My stability is in Him.
He is the same all the time, no matter what mood I'm in.
While everything else changes, and often for the worse,
I know He is the same.
And He will walk with me through my adjustments to the changes
going on in my life.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
Hebrews 13:8



2 comments:

  1. Well said. This is a very encouraging post. I am so glad the Lord is our firm foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. Been hanging on to these very truths lately!

    ReplyDelete