Saturday, February 23, 2013

LET THERE BE LIGHT!

We hated to do it, but we had to remove a tree from our front yard.
We couldn't get grass to grow because there was so little sunshine and
lots of shade. We grew moss instead.
It is expensive to hire professionals to do this, so Johnny and Johnathan
and friend Paul worked together to accomplish the task.
Not that I didn't have every confidence in these men,
but I left home while the deed was done!
But I've managed to get pictures:
The men gather with various tools to begin the task.

The tree comes down, a perfect landing,
missing house, flower beds, mailbox!

With the help of the truck to guide its fall.

Success!

Johnathan saws up the tree and carts it away to sell as fire wood.

Johnny cleans up the chips and sawdust (with Cookie's help).

Yes, we meant to keep this stump.
We have a plan!!
Stay tuned for part 2 of "The Tree".


4 comments:

  1. Great job, guys! I think I would've left the house too, Mom, better to not know what's going on! Le me guess, is the stump going to be a birdbath??

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love the snow in the background of your page! Looks like Topeka right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what a great job. Though you are miles away ... i feel nearer whenever you share your stories and everyday adventure :) BIG HUGS from your family here in the Philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha! I would have left the house too! Great pictures. It is impressive that the tree missed everything. Can't wait to see what the stump becomes!

    ReplyDelete