Wednesday, February 8, 2012

BEFORE THE DAY BEGINS, FOCUS

        
 I try to always have my quiet time first thing before my day gets hijacked by the urgent or interuptions or laziness or ......   Sometimes I find myself skidding into the Lord's presence, throwing myself into a chair, and saying, "OK, God, here's the deal". And then running through my list of things to pray about. When I've done that, I hurry out of His presence to get started on other things. Hmmmmmm.  Something is definitely missing. So where's the power I'm supposed to have? the instruction? the comfort? the answers?   And then I realize that I never gave Him a chance to say anything. Nothing. No wonder I was feeling empty. And so, just to help me slow down and refocus, I collected these verses (and a few others) to think about before anything else.   
                             

Be still (cease striving), and know that I am God…  Ps. 46:10

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.  
Ps. 27:14

I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.    Ps. 130:5

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.   Ps. 91:1

Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.  
Jer. 6:16

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.     
Matt. 11:28-30

1 comment:

  1. Excellent reminder to slow down. I love reading the Scripture you posted! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete