Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Tai Chi



While living in Asia, I observed many older people (and some young ones, too)
gathering and doing an interesting series of exercises.
At the park near our home in Chaing Mai, Thailand, a group gathered in the late
afternoons. But they all seemed to already know the moves and I felt I couldn't join them until I knew what I was doing.
And then our gym here in Longview began offering Beginner Tai Chi.
Just what I was looking for.
I go once a week. I'm just learning. But already I'm getting the hang of it.
I've learned it is a discipline of control, posture, breathing.
It works in a different way on my body than the Silver Sneakers cardio class
I attend. In fact, my new Tai Chi teacher is in my cardio class.
If you'd like to read up on it, you might be interested in looking at

2 comments:

  1. Great Mom!! You will have to teach me when you come this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...........I'm still trying to learn it. But it is fun and a challenge.

    ReplyDelete